We want you to keep your threads fresh and feeling good every time you put them on - follow these simple instructions.
By the very nature of socks being an everyday low-cost commodity, people often put as much thought into caring for their socks as they do buying them.
If you're here shopping at Threads & Co. then you obviously care about quality and you care about the quality of your socks. So it's important you understand how to care properly for your threads, so that they can lead a happy and fulfilling life caring for your feet.
Regardless of the type of Threads & Co. sock, we recommend a few simple Do's and Don't when caring for your socks.
- Wear your socks only once between washes (you can afford the detergent!)
- Wash them as soon after wearing as possible
- Turn the socks inside-out before washing
- Only wash in cold water
- Keep a high-level of foot hygiene - yes that means regularly trimming your toe nails
- Avoid the use of pegs when hanging to dry (if possible), allow to dry naturally laid out or hanging over a line
- When storing your socks, we suggest rolling them together 2-by-2
- Avoid ripping the labels off for a start - this will damage the fibres before you've even worn them for the first time
- Never wear them on their own, they belong in a pair of shoes
- Never soak your socks in softeners or other solutions
- Don't bleach your socks
- Never dry-clean your socks
- Don't iron them
- Never use warm or hot water
- Avoid tumble dryers - these can severely reduce the life of your socks
- Never stretch them out excessively before hanging them to dry
- Avoid letting them dry on themselves or leave to sit in a washing machine wet
- Don't let your pets play with them or chew them up
- When storing your socks, avoid folding them inside out - this stretches the fibres severely and will damage your socks over time
As a final word on caring your Threads & Co. socks - these are some of the world's finest socks, look after them and they'll look after you.